Monday, June 17, 2013

2nd Fathers Day being a Dad!

Happy Father's Day!  It was a great one here at the Wright house!  We woke up and ate eggs, bacon and toast and went to church as a family.  Then we got home and my two nappers did what they do best and slept soundly for near 2 hour while I prepared dinner/dessert!  I invited Mom and Dad W, Seth, Dallan and Emily over for A Mustache Bash to celebrate!  It was really fun and I find that going the extra mile every now and again makes everything more fun!  I know I won't always be able to take the time to do it so I might as well now!  We ate salmon, green beans with bacon and mashed garlic red potatoes.  YUM!
Dusty got all "daddy" gifts this year.  2 Daddy board books to read to his little stinker pants and a framed poem with Paris's footprints.  I cried making it.  Embarrassing.  Below is the poem that I found and edited it a bit.  I feel very grateful to have a loyal and loving dad.  He has taught me so much and I look like him, like Paris resembles Dust.  I always feel loved by my dad and I hope I show him how much I love him too.  It is difficult to show it 3,000 miles away but I can't wait to see my parents and Gram when they visit in a few weeks!
Walk beside me, dadda
And hold my little hand.
I have so many things to learn
That I don't yet understand.

Teach me things to keep me safe
from dangers every day.
Show me how to do my best
at home, at school, at play.

I'm going to need a gentle hand
To guide me as they grow.
So walk beside me dadda-
We have a long way to go.




No comments:

Post a Comment