Wednesday, November 10, 2010

How Sweet it is...

Good Morning America!  Woke up today thinking to myself "hmmm...what can I do today?".  Now I am not typically the type of person who gets bored.  In fact I typically have a 3 page list- front and back- of things I need to accomplish.  However I have done everything on that list last week and there is only so much you can do in a one bedroom apartment that is always tidy and clean and when you are on a budget that is on the brink of being exceeded.
Isnt this every womans dream though...to wake up and think to yourself "I have an entire day to myself...no laundry, no vacuuming, no errands...What can I fill it with?  should I relax?  should I window shop?  read a book?  What would you do if you had a day to yourself?  
Here's what I've done so far:
*unloaded the dishwasher
*took a 30 min HOT shower
*caked my face in a facial mask
*took Belle for an hour long walk- which she LOVED!

Wanna see my Tuesday Project?  (ps. I have designated Tuesdays as my "craft" day)  It was a blast!  I had no idea how cheap glue guns were!!! 
I had two projects in mind:  fancy headbands and magnets for our fridge.
So I went to Michaels and got a sweet glue gun (the best they had and it was just $6!!!), some fabric swatches, discounted ribbon, not discounted toole, mismatched buttons, needle and thread and round magnets.  I then had to go to Walmart and spend way too much on headbands.  I need to find a cheaper place for headbands.  They were $4 for three plain plastic ones.  Maybe if you buy them in bulk...Anyways- here were my results!

Chic Headbands:




Refrigerator Magnets:





No comments:

Post a Comment