Monday, September 30, 2013

My Made Up (&yummy) Soup

So today was one of those, "I know I should cook something healthy for dinner but nothing in my refrigerator or pantry coordinates" and "I'm not in the mood to deal with raw meat" days.  So, what did I do?  I certainly did not run off to the grocery store and I refused to order pizza.  I took some ingredients and slapped them together to make a soup and WOWZZZER...loved it.  Here's the recipe:

2 cups butternut squash puree (or butternut squash soup)
1/2 of a can of canned corn
1/2 yellow onion, sauted
2 celery stalks, thinly sliced
1 can of diced tomatoes (juice and all)
3 cloves garlic
1 cup heavy cream
some salt and some pepper

combine on stove, simmer for an hour or til the celery is soft and eat.  healthy, yummy, tummy-warming and kiddo friendly!  Oh and I topped with some freshly grated parmesan cheese.

No comments:

Post a Comment