Tuesday, March 5, 2013

Houston Love

Dusty, Paris and I were fortunate enough to be able to visit my sister, Jordana, brother in law, Andy and 2 awesome neices, Isabella and Aurora last month.  They just moved from Australia to Houston, TX mid-January to continue Jordana's oncology appointments, treatments and surgeries at MD Anderson.  I really appreciate all the prayers and concerns for my sister and her family at this really scary and difficult time.  I really do find myself feeling at a loss of what I can do 2,000 miles away.  Being able to be with them for a week was so enjoyable and also made me feel like I could really be a direct aid to them.  Wish I could visit more.  We managed to do a lot and also spent plenty of down time at their apartment enjoying just being together.  We went on a few walks, found them a townhouse to live in for 3 months while their gorgeous dream home is being built, went to the American Girl store, California Pizza Kitchen, made Valentine sugar cookies and decorated them, watched Hotel Transylvania, Dusty went Jeep shopping with Andy, ate a lot, shopped a bit at the most gorgeous mall I have ever been to, did a couple projects, etc... Paris got to meet her Uncle Andy for the first time and loved watching the big girls play and talk.  They had fun together!  I just cannot explain how much I loved being there. 












No comments:

Post a Comment