Saturday, October 30, 2010

Money and Weight...

I am super super excited about two things right now:

1.  Mint.com
2. Biggest Loser

     Mint.com is an amazing (and quite popular) resource that I am just finding out about.  But I am in love.  I've always considered myself to be a little "cheap" in some financial areas and extremely stressed out in all others.  Money just makes me nervous. But I guess that is a good thing.  Now, don't get me wrong...I can definitely do some damage at TJ Maxx....but let's be honest - it is TJ MAXX!?!? ..Sure ain't no Dolce and Gabbana or Banana Republic! 

     Now this website is so smart and easily organized that even the simple minded can get it going!  Has anyone else used it?  I now have ONE place where I can see where all of our money is going and form a budget accordingly.  It displays our savings, checking, debts and investments on one easy page! I have also made goals that we are working toward such as Lasik Eye Surgery and buying a home. It lets you know how much you should be saving per week or per month to reach that goal in your chosen time frame. Seriously, just check it out! Take the tour at Mint.com.

Biggest Loser.  I am sure you've seen the TV show (although I have not)!  But in our Moxie office we decided to have a Biggest Loser Challenge.  Registration included signing a form and paying $10.00.  We have weigh-ins on Monday morning at 8:25am sharp.  If you are late, or miss weigh in, you pay $1.00.  If you gain any weight, you pay $.50 per pound.  We are doing it for 4 weeks and 1 day.  There are 6 of us participating.  5 girls and 1 boy.  We are two weeks in and needless to say I am NOT in the lead.  However, I haven't gained any...but I havent lost much either.  So, the next two weeks I am going to really focus on exercising at least 30 minutes a day - cardio. Wish me luck.  I am excited for winning that $60 bucks!!

Here's a pretty good and applicable article with "types" of people when it comes to setting goals.  
I am 100% the "Expectations too High" type of gal!  
What style are you????

No comments:

Post a Comment