Saturday, February 4, 2012

Paris Adelyn Wright is 1 month old!

I guess first in order is to announce officially on the Wright blog that Paris was born!  She was born on Saturday, January 7, 2012 at 1:21pm.  She weighed 6lbs 5oz and was 18 1/2" long!  She felt so tiny in my arms!  I won't go into her entire birth story...but I can sum it up in 2 words: Fast and Furious.  I was induced at midnight and only dilated to a 5cm 12 hours later...but within 20 minutes I dilated from a 5cm to a 10cm and she was out within 2 pushes.  When she was first born and placed on my chest, she was so aware and looking all around.  As soon as Dusty said her name, she turned her head and looked right at him.  That is a moment I will always remember.  We stayed in the hospital for 2 days.  My parents flew from Ohio and Dusty's parents, Emily and KP were our hospital visitors. 
She is the most beautiful baby in the world.  She was blessed with gorgeous round blue eyes and a full head of dark hair to die for. She left the hospital weighing 5lbs 10oz.  She didn't fit into any of her cute newborn clothes and Dust couldn't find any preemie outfits so she wore a diaper, the shirt from the hospital and was swaddled in cute blankets her first week!  She is finally now filling the NB outfits out.
She cries, sleeps, loves nursing and can only be comforted by snuggling.  She takes a binkie once in a while and spits it out when shes done with it or when she is ready to fall asleep. 
The songs I most sing to her are You are My Sunshine and I Love to See the Temple. 
She likes her swing only if both the music and the swing rate are turned up full blast!  She likes to swing after shes eaten and is almost asleep. 
Today I attempted to take her 1 month old shots.  All of them are either out of focus from her flailing her arms or she is crying.  I'm telling ya, this babe does not like to be put down!!!
I just love how Paris has such a distinct personality.  I know what makes her sad, when she will cry, what will calm her down and when she just needs her mama.  She is so fun to watch after she has eaten...she makes the cutest faces.  She makes her lips form a perfect O, will lick her lips when she is still hungry or wants her binkie and rolls her eyes right before she falls asleep.  I love her so much.  So does Dust.  He is so good with her and loves to hold her every chance he gets!  She is definitely going to have him wrapped around her finger.
So, here are the three best ONE MONTH OLD photos!



No comments:

Post a Comment