Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Loving Love Day!

1. How long have you and your significant other been together?
     We started talking on the phone in March 2009, officially have been together since May 2009, got engaged October 2009 and married in April 2010.  So, technically we are going on 3 years!
2. How did you meet? {What's your "love" story?}
    We have known each other from being in the same church since we were little in Ohio.  Definitely no thoughts then of ever falling in love with each other for either of us... but Dusty emailed me on Facebook in February 2009 and our love story started there.  Hours upon hours of talking on the phone for months before we even saw each other again.  Solid friendship built first then we fell in love. 
3. If married, how long have you been married?
     We have been married for almost 2 years (this April)
4. If you are married, where did you get married at? Big or small wedding? 
     We were married in the Columbus, OH temple.  In my estimation is was a tiny wedding but a large reception at the Hippodrome.    
5. Do you have any nick-names that you call one another? 
    Dust Bust and DB and for me he calls me Jenna Bear and Bear face?!  haha 
6. Name 3 things you love most about your honey.
     1. He is a wonderful provider and lets me go shopping whenever I want! 
     2. I love how we snuggle, kiss and even fight.  Everything between us is full of love and passion.
     3. We have common goals and ideas for our future. 
7. Tell us how he proposed?
     We went on a horseback ride in Garretsville, OH with my mom and dad.  We only took 2 horses so Dusty and I were riding and we got off at a small waterfall and we walked up into a meadow and were talking about how beautiful this giant oak tree was when I turned around and he was on one knee.  He asked me to spend forever with him and pulled out the ring that we had looked at in Seattle nearly 3 months earlier.  I was so shocked and totally not expecting it at all...I said yes, we hugged, kissed and then sat on some rocks nearby talking and I just couldnt stop staring at my ring and laughing because it was so surreal.  A while later my mom and dad showed up (they knew about the whole thing) and they took photos of us.  We went back to my parents house and Dusty, Mom and Dad planned a gourmet dinner for me in the living room which was full of roses.  To this day one of the most wonderful days ever.  Pretty hard to beat!
8. Is he a flowers and teddy bear kind of guy for v-day, or strawberries, champagne, and rose petals?
    He is unpredictable!  This year he got me a diamond ring that I LOVE!  But he is pretty consistent on getting really cool varieties of roses for me. 
9. Are you a sunset dinner on the beach kind of girl, or pop a movie in and relax on the couch?
     Popcorn and movie on the couch under covers snuggling.
10. Tell us one thing you'd like to do with your significant one day. If you could do anything? Go anywhere?
    I would love to go to Australia with Dusty to see my family and just leave all our obligations and work in a completely different part of the world!  Sun, beaches and accents!  Would be awesome!
11. Tell us what you plan on doing on this Valentine's Day. 
     Well we are pretty wiped out from becoming first time parents so we are going to have our gourmet cooked dinner at home with Paris.  We couldn't possibly leave her on her first Valentine's Day!  
12. Are you asking for anything this Valentine's day?
     A nice card from Dusty.  
13. Give us one piece of advice of keeping a relationship strong and full of love. 
     Open, honest communication.  
14.  Show us a picture of what love means to you.

No comments:

Post a Comment